eSITE TOOLS DELIVERS HIGHEST SUSTAINED NETWORK PERFORMANCE
In order to maintain the highest sustained telecom site power system performance and the lowest operational costs over time, the ability to gather reliable network data is key. Reliable data is a critical enabler for site profitability – especially in a network with hundreds or perhaps even thousands of sites – and eSite Tools is capable of accurately pinpointing not only which sites are deviating from set KPIs, but also why they are doing so.
And if eSite Tools’ powerful set of remote management capabilities is not able to resolve the issue and a call-out is needed, the right person can be sent to site with the right tools and spares every time. Accurate and efficient.
Performance issues with many telecom site power systems often begin as a result of incorrect initial installation or commissioning on site. This is simply not possible with eSite x10, as eSite Tools provides all configuration data remotely with no decisions needing to be made on site – thus removing the risk of mistakes being made by installers. And with eSite Tools automatically synchronising configuration data across the entire network, it ensures that all eSite x10 units will always be up to date for effective centralised management and decision-making.
Read more about eSite Power Systems’ services offering which includes remote eSite x10 software upgrades and support.
With sensors built in to the unit and calibrated in the factory, eSite x10 ensures reliable data from the source and avoids the possibility of anyone tampering with the sensors (and therefore the data they collect). For data communication, eSite x10 uses a proprietary protocol specifically designed to handle unstable data networks and also makes use of a substantial local data buffer to avoid any possibility of data loss. Once uploaded from the sites, data is stored in a safe and cost-efficient data cloud, where it can be accessed by eSite Tools for analysis and by web services (REST and SOAP) for smooth integration with other systems. A network level SNMP interface is provided for legacy systems integration.
eSite Tools provides a long and growing list of software tools to maintain the highest sustained eSite x10 system performance. In addition to advanced site monitoring, network level tools are provided to manage site performance versus target KPIs for different site types (solar, grid-genset, genset only, etc.), while also taking into account actual site loads. eSite Tools’ intuitive user interface makes drilling-down into any particular site’s data very easy. With batteries often accounting for a significant part of a site’s costs, eSite Tools ensures all relevant battery data is safely stored to enable planned replacements and for use in potential battery claims. And with most tower companies operating under power uptime SLAs with their tenants, eSite Tools will provide proof that the hybrid power system has remained operational even when there has been an issue with the tenant equipment, such as a tripped fuse.
eSite x10 enables efficient harvesting of power from bad power grids. While doing so, eSite Tools will collect detailed data to understand the power grid’s characteristics over time at each site. This is a highly valuable resource – one that is typically not available today – and when combined with site power load data, enables fully informed site dimensioning to minimise total the cost of ownership. eSite Tools takes the guesswork out of decision making and can be used to optimise every aspect of a site’s setup from determining the best battery size, to the impact of introducing solar power, etc.
- Installed and configured by eSite Power Systems
- eSite Tools server and client software upgrades as part of RSSM
- eSite agent integrated with control and monitoring software in each eSite
- Windows or Linux based server software
- eSite Tools client software installed on Windows computers
- Web based client – independent of operating system, enabling access with mobile devices
eSite to eSite Tools Communication
- TCP/IP based communication protocol with SSL encryption
- Connection through intranet or Internet via wireless network (GPRS/3G/4G depending on modem)
- Works with standard internet enabled SIM cards Public IP, VPN and private APN not required
- Automatic registration of eSites to eSite Tools server Data synchronisation and alarm reception without additional administration
- Role based definitions with different GUI and access levels
- Unique user accounts linked to user roles
- Full eSite system data synchronisation
- eSite data buffering and automatic upload on reconnect in case of temporarily interrupted communication – enabling analysis of periods with offline states
- Customisable data synchronisation interval (default 10 minutes)
- Instantaneous alarm activation, independent of data synchronisation intervals
- Event buffering and automatic send on reconnect in case of interrupted communication
- Time stamps embedded in events, enabling alarm analysis of periods with offline states
- Alarm forwarding through e-mail and SMS via SMPP or HTTP gateway
eSite Configuration and Control
- eSite software update
- Setting of eSite configuration parameters
- Full remote operational control
- Site list displaying eSite status and connection state
- Alarm list displaying time stamped alarms with colour coding according to severity
- Customisable dashboards
- Search and filter functionality
- Dashboard data export to PDF, XML, CSV, Excel
- Network overview of alarm and connection status
- Various online map engines or offline map
- Detailed system information – grid, gensets, battery banks, solar arrays, fuel monitoring and tenant monitoring
- Active and historical alarm display
- eSite configuration and remote management
- Pre-defined charts for key data, enabling quick eSite system analysis
- Raw data export, with configurable time period, to PDF, XML, CSV, Excel
- Detailed site reports
- Pre-defined reports for network KPI overviews and daily site KPI details
- Customisable user-defined reports can be created for any data set
- Scheduling of automatic report generation and distribution
- Active data analysis tools
- Site maintenance management
- Genset maintenance management
- Easy to use API for data and alarm extraction from eSite Tools server
- Custom integration with devices through standard protocols
- Web service integration: REST, SOAP. Legacy system integration: SNMP